* - Indicates required field
Prove you're not a robot*
You may revoke your consent to opt-in at anytime by contacting your local branch office.
What You Need to Know about Overdrafts and Overdraft Fees
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
- We have a standard overdraft practice, Privilege Pay, that comes with your account.
- We also offer overdraft protection plans, such as a link to a savings account, which is free of charge. Or an overdraft protection line of credit which may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices. To learn more, ask us about these plans.
This notice explains our Privilege Pay Program.
What does Privilege Pay provide?
We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number.
- Automatic bill payments.
We do not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you ask us to (see below):
- ATM transactions
- Everyday debit card transactions
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction.
If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
What fees will I be charged if Golden Plains Credit Union pays my overdraft?
Under our Privilege Pay Program:
- We will charge you a fee of $25 each time we pay an overdraft.
- There is a $100 limit per day on the total fees we will charge you for overdrawing your account.
What if I want Golden Plains Credit Union to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and everyday debit card transactions?
If you want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card transactions, complete the Opt-In form above. You can also call us at 800.825.7661 or call your local branch office.